[OT] RE: Anti-Virus

Both netbus client AND server run under wine very well, although, i have
no idea why one would want to do that!

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Mastin [mailto:kmastin beechtree ca]
Sent: Wednesday, 9 October 2002 5:03 PM
To: valhalla-list redhat com
Subject: Re: Anti-Virus

>I guess my redhat is infected a viurs name "netbus'.
>Does any one know which product to clean virus.

.... you're not serious. Netbus is (was?) a W32 trojan a couple years
back, wasn't it?

A virus would have a time trying to execute on a linux machine unless
you've installed some binary or code from an untrusted source, and even
then you have to work overtime to actually make it do it's thing. For
all
practical purposes, linux is virus free (as far as we know), although
there have been a couple worms and there is always danger of a rootkit
or
security vulnerability.

So you have some concerns. What are they based on? Can you post any logs

or copies of compromised daemons or files?

--
Keith Mastin       BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    Toronto    M4G 3V5     http://www.beechtree.ca