Kernel compiling steps...

Hello
?could someone please give me the steps they went through to compile a
kernel successfully on their Red Hat 7.x platform..

like I? said ..I have done this many times on SuSE and FreeBSD (which is a
different process) but for some reason me and RedHat are not getting
along...and I just want to make sure Im not missing something...

thanks ..its much appreciated..

Brad