Re: Kernel compiling steps...

EIIE DEV eiiecomm com writes:

> ?could someone please give me the steps they went through to compile a
> kernel successfully on their Red Hat 7.x platform..

Well, I do it a couple of dozen times a day, there is nothing special
about Red Hat as far as I can tell. Go to the source directory, make
config (or grab the appropriate file from the config directory if it
is a RH kernel and do make oldconfig), make dep, make bzImage, etc...

> like I? said ..I have done this many times on SuSE

Is it different on SuSE???

> for some reason me and RedHat are not getting along...

It would help if you told us what you were doing and what went wrong.

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | ogoldshmidt NOSPAM computer org
First binary search algorithm         - J. Mauchly, 1946