Re: Apache and Router issues

>Can somebody  please help me configuring my imap and pop3 server ...i wanna
>check my email in outlook express from my linux redhat 7.3 box.
>Any suggestions would be appreciated
>thanks in advance

... you have some homework to do. Go to linuxdocs.org and read the
email-administrators howto. Then chose a mailserver. I suggest postfix if
you're a newbie, sendmail if you're a masochist and qmail if you're a
guru. Then go to postfix.org and read everything in sight. Now you are
1/10th of the way there... Go to isc.org and read about bind9. Then get
thee a domain name. Now configure and test bind9. Now test it again. Test
it a 3rd time. Figure out the problems and fix them. Now you are ready to
install and configure postfix. Do so step-by-step from the docs you read
earlier at postfix.org. Test your new mail system. Test it again. Tigure
out the problems and solve them. Test it some more. Now, go to
/etc/xinetd.d/imap and change the line that reads disable = yes to
disable = no. Then do service xinted restart. You now have a running mail
system. Simple, isn't it? :)

If you leave out any of these steps, you are on your own with regard to
any future mail server questions.

BTW: this is the quick an dirty howto for email admin.

--
Keith Mastin       BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    Toronto    M4G 3V5     http://www.beechtree.ca