Re: Samba & User Security Levels

Thom Paine wrote:

I can't seem to find anywhere anything good about the security level for
a samba controlled domain.

Can someone point me in the right direction or does anyone know offhand
how to get the users on a samba controlled domain able to install
programs and things like that? I guess I would need equivalent to 'power
user' in the m$ world for the workstations.

Thanks,

wouldn't this be controlled by the admin at the user permission level at the domain server?? You can choose which groups the users are members of and stuff like that...........not sure if samba has anything to do with that.