Re: Modules help...

Look in /etc/sysconfig/ipchains for the configuration of ipchains. You can edit rules by hand here, they are in regular command line syntax.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with the dhcpd thing. Do you mean you want the script from l-f-t.com to run when dhcpd starts? Look in /etc/init.d and you'll see a bunch of scripts. One of them is ipchains. Read up on the service and chkconfig commands. The command 'chkconfig --list' will show you what runlevels the scripts in /etc/init.d (and /etc/xinet.d if installed) are on/off.

You'll probably see that ipchains is being started before most server applications, like dhcpd. You can use chkconfig to turn off that script if you want, then have yours run whenever. But I think a better idea would be to edit /etc/sysconfig/ipchains to use the rules from the l-f-t.com script. and stick with the excellent scripts that RedHat has provided. It should accomplish the same thing.

The ip_masq_ftp module comes from compiling your kernel. Not sure where the best kernel compiling docs are. But I know RedHat will have some docs in the reference or customization manuals

http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/howto/rhl73.html

Luis Nunes wrote:

Hi! I'm a newbie in linux and while trying to configure my firewall a friend of mine told me about www.linux-firewall-tools.com/linux/. There i got a script, but i've came across 2 problems:

1 - since i have a home network and an internet connection, i need NAT and this script can't locate a module ip_masq_ftp, wich from my research is indispensable. what can i do to get it?

2 - i followed the instructions, tough i can't launch the script whenever there's a boot. in fact, i would like to associate the script with dhcpd, but it doesn't seem to be associated thus far since dchcp-eth0.exe or dhcpc-done don't seem to be working ( executing the script ). in fact, somehow they revert to previous configuration set by lokkit. How can i turn this arround?

I'm running redhat 7.3. and ipchains...

Thks for your time and understanding...

Best regards...

Luís Nunes