Re: mysql and gcc 2.96

I remember reading about this.  I think the problems arise at some level
of heavy activity and the issue is going to be table corruptions.
The recommended solution per the MySQL website was to use their rpm.
I believe they said that they had a lot of reports of this issue but
had not been able to recreate it.  There is a lot of discussion about
this compiler around.

Jim Scott