RE: win2K RH7.3 dual boot L440GX

Title: RE: win2K RH7.3 dual boot L440GX

I did try this (type apic), but the system still goes into a scsi time out loop!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Taylor, ForrestX [mailto:forrestx taylor intel com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 2:56 PM
To: valhalla-list redhat com
Subject: Re: win2K RH7.3 dual boot L440GX

pheonix1t wrote:
> Pranay Prakash wrote:
>
>> I am trying to dual boot Win2K professional with RH 7.3 - I manage to
>> load grub and it does offer me to boot either OS - Upon selecting
>> Redhat SMP, system hangs and displays aic7xxx SCSI error - I am using
>> L440GX

You need to add 'apic' to the grub boot line.  First, experiment manually:

When the grub boot screen comes up and asks which OS to run, highlight
Red Hat Linux, and press 'e' to edit.  Highlight the second line
(beginning with kernel), and press 'e'.  At the end of the line, put a
space, and then add 'apic' (without quotes).  If that works, make it
permanent by editing /etc/grub.conf (as root), and add apic to the same
kernel line.

Forrest