Re: altered hostname?

On 16 Oct 2002 13:14:49 -0700
jim <gorean attbi com> wrote:

# Well, I doubt it. It is MAC address not Internet address.
# Reads x1-6-00-e0-29-51-97-aa.  I am no good at hex math so this
# could be hexadecimal representation of IP address but I don't think
# so. To get X to start without screaming at me I had to change the
# name back. I did it via the command hostname so the prompt still
# reads the same.

ATTBI binds MAC addresses to DHCP leases and accounts.  It is very
possible that the reverse lookup address they configure for your lease
would have a part of your MAC address.

--
Jesse Keating
j2Solutions.net