Re: Fonts: Anti aliasing? Truetype. Mozilla, etc.

Hal,

I really appreciate this commentary.  It clears up a lot.
I have learned a bunch from this experience and now my fonts work.
First there is likely more than one unix.js file.  There definitely is
on my system.  A detail I should not have overlooked.
There is one that came with the base install.
The one from the first upgrade and the last 1.2b which is the
xft version.
The only reason I know that however is because of
this discussion and the file names of the rpm's have xft in them.
In my defense though I have a rather long history with NIX systems
this is my first real end user system and the first box with X on
it.
So I think now I have the relationships straight as this last time I
went about this pretty methodically.
The file /etc/X11/fs/config is for xfs.
I am guessing this because of the path.
I imagine one could pare down this file some as it seems
that some of the directories it points to are empty and some
are fonts for foreign languages.
I think the reason altering drastically the first iteration of
unix.js gave caused my X session to fail I suspect is Nautilus
depends on it.  Guessing again.
The changes to the unix.js for the current version of Mozilla
(1.2b) made the extra fonts available.
I think you are correct about the printing.  That seems to
be a separate issue.
I think I am beginning to get the relationships though.

Thanks,

Jim Scott