Re: RTL8139 SSH, HTTP, FTP YES - NFS, iptables NO

What is the purpose of running iptables instead of ipchains?  I was
under the impression that they both existed together and complemented
each other in their task.  Is that a misconception?

After rmmod ipchains I was able to mount the nfs directory and iptables
-L produced a rational response.  I'm still wondering what the deal is
with ipchains v. iptables though.

Thanks,
Josiah