Re: Email from a network

>Keith Mastin wrote:
>
>>>Derek:
>>>
>>>Thanks for the follow up.  I can telnet a linux machine running RH 7.0
>>>from XP machine but I cannot connect using telenet to the linux machine
>>>running RH 7.3.  I tried changing hosts.access on the linux 7.3 machine
>>>but it still won't allow remote access.  I am stumped.  Any further
>>>suggestion would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
>>
>>Please trim your posts...
>>Are you by any chance trying to run telnet as root on the 7.3 box?
>>
>No I'm trying to run telnet on a WinXP machine and connect to a linux RH
>7.3 machine.

The telnet daemon is configured and running on the 7.3 machine? Can you
telnet from both of the other machines to the 7.3 box on any other port?
Check 21, 25, 80 and 110 if you have any of those servers running.

Check the logs. Could also be the firewall thingy is not allowing access.

Thanks for wrapping.