USB Printer Problem

Hi Everyone,

I recently installed rh 7.3 on my pc.  I have a Epson stylus photo 870
printer which is connected to my pc via a usb port.  I ran the
printconf-gui program in gnome 1.4 and tried to configure my printer.
When I clicked the "new" button, printconf successfully found my
printer on the usb port.  I clicked on this and then typed "lp" in
the text-box for the printer queue.  I then clicked on the "postscript"
entry when it prompted me for a printer driver.  Next I clicked the
apply button.  I got the message that the lpd had successfully been
restarted and I clicked "ok".  I clicked the Test from the menu
and tried to print out a test ASCII page.  My printer never
responded.

Can anyone tell me why and how I can correct this?

Thanks in advance,
~~Nick