battery_applet?

I removed the GNOME battery_applet form my panel.  When I went to restore
it using the "Add to panel" menu item, it loaded battstat_applet instead.
Trying to start battery_applet from a command line has no effect (doesn't
appear on panel, no error message).  battstat_applet has this annoying
animated icon for A/C power, and it takes up a bunch of panel real estate.

How can I get battery_applet back?

TIA

--
		Matthew Saltzman