Re: open letter to RH management

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 06:06:50PM -0700, John P. Conlon wrote:

> There is a saying in the military that goes: If it ain't broke don't fix
> it!  This in the Linux world means that if your current vrrsion is doing
> what you need, don't upgrade.

I can understand getting the latest distrib as soon as it comes out
(even if I don't recommend it) but nobody's FORCING anybody to BUY every
RH distribution as soon as it comes out.

In an earlier post, oldwetdog said:

> >>no reply. When I was finally able to sign onto RHN, I learned
> >>there were too many updates and bug fixes to have a reasonable
> >>chance of getting it done in my lifetime, besides, 7.3 had just

The updates take 2 or 3 minutes to be applied so I suppose you're
talking about downloading them. If you feel it's too big a download
(which I can certainly understand), you're probably better off asking
someone in your local LUG or someone on the list to burn them on CD
and send it to you by mail.

Emmanuel