Re: Need java in my web browser

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Joe Polk wrote:

> I used Mozilla and Galeon and I had the exact same issue until I created the
> symlink. If you ls -la your home dir you'll see a .mozilla dir. In there
> somewhere you'll find a plugin or plugins dir and you have to create a
> symlink there back to the actual plugin in the jre directory. Once this is
> done, close your browser if it's opened, re-open it and test java. It should
> work. I don't have a machine right now with X but I'll be glad to post the
> exact locations when I get a chance.

You should fix it globally.
Install Java:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/download.html
ln -s /usr/lib/j2se/1.3/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so

Adjust /usr/lib/j2se/1.3/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so to suit the version of Java you install.

> <<JAV>>

Cheers
John.

Please, no off-list mail. You will fall foul of my spam treatment.