Re: Mail Cluster

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 09:13:38AM -0600, Mike Kercher wrote:
> Has anyone setup a mail cluster for redundancy?  I'd like to have 2 boxes (1
> primary, 1 backup) that could take care of mail so that if the primary goes
> down, the backup would take over seamlessly...SMTP and POP3 services.

SMTP is trivial - just set up both systems and use MX records to point
to both.  POP3 is quite a bit harder since the mail spool will need to
move between systems - in other words, you need a common disk subsystem
that can contain the mail spool.

Check http://www.linux-ha.org for some pointers.
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA