More questions about the POP3 Daemon

Hie All,

For the part week I had been frantically trying to get users on my network to retrieve their mail from the mail server which is SENDMAIL. Until I read the answers to the pop3 question. I installed the imap.rpm package and now people can retrieve their mail.
My question is, if the pop3 was not installed then how on Earth did my fetchmail succefully retrieve mail from my ISP??? ( Since fetchmail uses pop3, imap...) to retrieve mail. In my case I set it to use pop3.

2. What other package do I need to install on the server so that users can send mail?? The users can connect to sendmail but they can't send thier mail.

Thank you in advance for all the help

Rgds
Blessing
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup