Re: problem with monitor

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 02:40:07PM +0200, marco tettamanti wrote:
> sorry if this issue has already been addressed here.
> I have red hat 7.3 installed on a IBM A31 Thinkpad notebook (Pentium 4, TFT
> monitor display).
> I have a problem with my monitor: whenever I do not touch mouse or keyboard
> for longer than 5 minutes, the monitor turns black.
[...]

You could give the "xset" command a try - it's used to set these things
under X. 'xset q' will list the current settings - have a look at how
the DPMS settings are set, as well as "Screen Saver". For how to
change those settings, have a look at 'man xset'.

Cheerio,

Thomas
                Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org