Re: [novalug] Re: [dclug] RAID board and Red Hat/SuSE

HI Maxwell,

        Your solution seems to be an excellent one, but
It is far beyond my capabilities. I wouldn't know how
to remove the RAID drivers and turn it into a dumb
ATA card. Wouldn't such a move make the ATA/100
card irrelevant and put me back to a simple 2 channel IDE
Primary/Secondary situation? Does Red Hat 8 (2.4.18-19)
(I think that is Mr. Ball's version) provide for RAID 1 in software?

        I did as you suggested and checked out the 3Ware
RAID cards. The 4 drive solution is $300. I'm currently
100% disabled and unable to work, so even if they do
work with Windows and LINUX, I don't think I can afford
one right now.

        Thanks for your generous ideas,

John Leo