ssh auto0login not working

Hey all,

I've been quizzing over this for a few hours, and can't make it work. I
have 2 almost identical 7.3 machines, all updated. I want to be able to
login to machine B from machine A without a password through ssh to run my
rsync backup script.

I followed the directions found at
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/custom-guide/s1-openssh-client-config.html

When I try to do the login, I get prompted for a password. I restarted the
daemon after copying the id_rsa.pub key over to the authorized_keys files
(both ways). I also tried with dsa keys, deleted the known_hosts files
(after which I get asked to add the rsa key to known_hosts again) and just
about everything else I can think of.

I'm doing this all as a specific user (except restarting the daemon), and
root is not allowed to login to either machine.

TIA for any help, ideas, etc.

--
Keith Mastin
BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.