Apache/mysql/php

I have a problem and was wondering if anyone on this list had encountered
a similar problem and if so how it was done. I've been lurking on this
list for many many months so I know that there are a number of other very
knowledgable contributers here, which is why I'm posting here.
I recently developed a program for one of my clients that stores pdf files
in a mysql database. The pdfs are medical billing reports and the users
are presented with their reports when they login, and can browse the older
reports.  Everything was implemented with Apache/PHP/MySQL. I have never
been fond of using .0 releases from Redhat, but did not have a part in
that choice initially, and the client is now running Redhat 8.0. However,
there is a major problem and 8.0 is not working. Most of the pdfs are
small (under 4k), but the larger ones are corrupted somehow corrupted and
will not display on IE browsers. However, everything works perfectly under
Redhat 7.3. I assume that the problem has to do with Apache2.0s handling
of chunked data, given the diference in the headers generated when
ran under 7.3 and 8.0. My question is this: I see 3 possible solutions to
the problem. 1) downgrade to 7.3, which will be end of lifed soon. 2)
convince them to shell out the $$$ for Enterprise edition which includes
Apache 1.3. 3) install Apache 1.3 on 8.0. I would prefer option 3, but I
don't know of anywhere to get a redhat RPM of Apache 1.3 for RH8.0. If
anyone knows where to get these I would be very appreciative. I included
the HTTP headers from 8.0 and 7.3 below. Has anyone here tried getting
Apache/PHP from 7.3 to run on 8.0? If you have and have any tips please
let me know. Thanks.

HTTP/1.x 200 OK