Re: vstpd fubar

I think I'm getting this...

> I broke something setting up vsftpd and for the life of me I can't
> figure out what.
>
> The default setup allowed a local user to browse the / directory, and
> other areas that should not be allowed. In an effort to secure the
> server, I can no longer login.
>
> When I try to login using his username from ftp_explorer, I get this for
> an error:
> Connecting to: ottmar
> Connection Established
> 500 OOPS: unrecognised variable in config file
> Error connecting to: ottmar

There was something not working in the rpm that redhat provided, or
something not working with my configs. I uninstalled the rpm and installed
the sources, and vsftpd is working now for all users. It is still running
in standalone mode as I'm having problems getting it to run under xinetd
but that is livable.
<snip>

--
Keith Mastin
BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.