Cardbus - High Memory Access Problem

I am having the following problem while trying to configure my PCMCIA 3com
network card on Redhat 7.3

cs: warning: no high memory space available

followed by two beeps , the first a bigger one the second a smaller one

I tried to change the entry in the /etc/pcmcia/config.opts
the defaults were
--> include memory 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff, memory 0x6000000-0x60ffffff

I tried to play with these values and changed them.

On some occasions I did manage to remove the above warning and did not
hear the beeps, when I stopped and started the PCMCIA Card Manager services.
But even with this warning removed and the beep sounds not heard anymore I was
not able to configure the card.

Any help to overcome  this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Michele.