Re: Iptables: What ports need to be open for Client Access (AS/400)

On Wed Feb 05 2003 at 13:51, "Budi Febrianto" wrote:

> Recently I create a firewall in my company using RHL 8.0 with iptables.

This valhalla-list (rh7.3), the wrong list for questions regarding
redhat 8.0.  Try psyche-list for that.  However, your actual
question here is "generic" (ie, not specific for rh8.0).

> There are 3 zone, and I put AS/400 in DMZ zone.
>
> Users using Client Access to access AS/400, and I only open port 23 (TELNET).
> Users can access it, but later they got drop (Log out), or message error
> about communication.
>
> Is there any ports need to be open to access AS/400 with client access?
>
> Right now, I open all ports for AS/400 and the users can access it normally
> without being droped.

There really isn't enough information here to say anything helpful
(and I have no direct experience with AS/400 myself).  It seems that
you'll need to troubleshoot with tools like tcpdump, ethereal, nmap
and so on.  Good luck.

> Thanks.

Cheers
Tony