From: valhalla-list-admin redhat com [mailto:valhalla-list-admin redhat com]
On Behalf Of Rich Lichvar
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 11:16 AM
To: valhalla-list redhat com
Subject: Change Login Newbie Question

Right now I have a problem where the login at the console for root on one
machine automatically brings up Gnome. When I login with another user, which
normally accesses the machine remotely at the command line (i.e., we don't
use VNC or some such), at the console I get a basically blank/black screen
and then the login screen comes back up. I want to fix it so any user
logging in at the console has to start either Gnome or KDE "by hand." How do
I do this?

RichLich