Re: Change name of process?

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 03:20:27PM -0500, Brian T. Brunner wrote:
> I desire to change what is in /proc/self/cmdline, but so far to no
> avail

While you can change the process title for a single process by changing
argv, I don't believe there's a way to do it in a multi-threaded process
(I'm pretty sure each thread just borrows the master process name).

--
Edward S. Marshall <esm logic net>
http://esm.logic.net/

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.