-----Original Message-----
From: valhalla-list-admin redhat com
[mailto:valhalla-list-admin redhat com] On Behalf Of Tony Nugent
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 5:35 PM
To: Redhat 7. 3 Valhalla Mailing List
Subject: Re: Graphical Desktop Not working

On Mon Feb 17 2003 at 13:47, "Roger Miranda (Sumac)" wrote:

> I'm at runlevel 5
>
> I tried "service xfs restart"
> There was a error in shutdown but it started fine, but still no
display

That doesn't mean that there *isn't* a problem with xfs.

Make sure that /tmp is mode 1777, like this:

drwxrwxrwt   35 root     root         4096 Feb 18 09:32 /tmp

If the `t' (sticky) bit isn't there, then xfs can't create its
socket file.

> Which log file do I check for X errors?

/var/log/XFree86.0.log

But if xfs is the problem you won't see any indication there.

> Thanks,
>
> Roger Miranda
> Sumac Clothing Company

Cheers