Re: Question about the Redhat 7.3 booting

Try this site http://jaeger.morpheus.net/linux/ntldr.php

Aaron Konstam wrote:

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 09:47:53AM -0800, dd jj wrote:

Hello everyone,

I installed Redhat 7.3 above Win2k, but when the computer restarts, there's no LILO displayed,(I selected LILO and install it on the first book sector), it enters Win2k directly as if no Linux existed.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks a lot.

P.S. my win2k is installed as NTFS format.

The problem is you need to install the loader in the MBR and not in
the boot sector of the first partition.
The first line in lilo.conf should be:
boot=/dev/hda
not: boot=/dev/hda1
Change that and rerun lilo if this is the problem.