cleaning mailq's

Pardon my quick interruption, but does anyone here have a decently
written shell script for "purging" and "cleaning" the mail queue's after
an onslaught of traffic to my webserver? I have an abundance of mail
stuck in the mailq and if i spawn a ton of sendmail -q &'s i can work it
down to a reasonable level. But i was wondering if anyone might have a
script that i could use, and possibly cron it. Some features would be
logging, email status reports, etc.

Thanks in advance.
--
Michael B. Weiner