making hardware raid

hello everybody,
i am prety confused about the raid5 in linux.
I have a IBM server which have 4 hot swappable scsi hard disk drives. It has a raid5 controler in it. I configured the hardware raid5 by inserting the serverraid cd. I made an array of 3 harddisks and a spare disk in it. then i made a logical volume to install the os. Then i installed LINUX 8.0 in it. if i am wrong please tell me what is right.
The question is how can I know what is happening in the raid5 ?
Thanks in advance.
Aditya.

A.N.Swain.