Re: x0rfbserver Install Help!!

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Alex Togstad wrote:

> Mikkel;
>
> Of course I tried that. I'm not a complete n00b.

Well, I had to ask.  Asking dumb questions is one of my functions on
this list!  The funny part is how often it provides the answer.  It is
the little things people tend to forget.

> This is the documanation that came with it.
>
> ==============
> INSTALLATION
>
> just do:
>
> make depend
> Make
>
> . .  .
> ==============
>
> This guy does NOT know how to document his program very well. I've
> installed tons of progs from rpm's, tar's etc just fine, but in this
> case x0rfbserver does not install like any normal install.
>
> I did the "make depend", then the "make" then "make install" and I get
> this:
>
> [root localhost rfb-0.6.1]# make install
> make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
>
> So now I wonder what the deal is here.
>
> Thanks!

Definitly poor documentation.  It sounds like you have to manualy copy
the files.  I leave the exact procedure to someone that has played with
the package.  You can try to see what executables were produced...

Mikkel