RE: Update on: I Really Messed Up

   Keith and Mikkel,
Ok, so for now I am just going to use the second drive I have as purely a
backup medium, and will do backups of all important stuff nightly.  I have
decided messing around with a live machine remotely is too dangerous, and
costly to try and make this work.  I would agree that IDE drives have
gotten very reliable, and I am hoping that this drive will never fail.  If
it does, I would be able to have the machine with it's OS installed within
an hour anyway, as the techs at my datacenter seem to have a rabid
obsession with re-installing Redhat :-)

Anyway, thank you every for the help so far, as you have been instrumental
in my sucess at getting this machine online and reliable.

   Peter