Re: Raid IDE

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, RLDP - LSI R&D1 Division wrote:

> I will install a RAID card that will contain 4 IDE drive, can Red hat
> Linux 7.3 detect this 4 hard disks upon installation?

This depends on the RAID card.  When the card is doing hardware RAID, it
makes the 4 drives look like one or two drives, depending on how the
card is set up.  You may be able to set it to act as a normal IDE card,
so that Linux can see all 4 drives.  Why would you want to use a RAID
card this way instead of a normal IDE controller?

Mikkel