Problem in setup Xsane (Resend)

Hi all folks,

Desktop KDE
Scanner Agfa Snapscan 310

This is the first time I tried to setup Xsane for scanning on Linux.

As user on console window
# xsane

After acepting the licence following Error warning popup

Failed to open device 'setup'
Invalid argument.

Following URL provides a good example to setup this scanner but working on SANE which has not been installed as standard installation

http://216.239.53.100/linux?q=cache:7fp6J492cE0C:duvet.eee.nottingham.ac.uk/scanner/snapscan_310_linux.html+How+to+install+scsi+scanner+on+Xsane&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

In addition it requires to make jumper setting on the SCSI card but my SCSI card coming with the scanner does not have jumpers.

Any folks on the list have experience? Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.

B.Regards Stephen Liu