Re: Problem in setup Xsane (Resend)

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 12:45:53AM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Desktop
> 	KDE
> Scanner
> 	Agfa Snapscan 310
>
> This is the first time I tried to setup Xsane for scanning on Linux.
>
> As user on console window
> # xsane
>
> After acepting the licence following Error warning popup
>
> Failed to open device 'setup'
> Invalid argument.
[...]

Have you searched the sane web site and their mailing list archive for
hints on this? If you can't find anything, I'd recommend you ask on
the sane mailing list, as you might get more help there.

One thing I would try first is running "sane-find-scanner" as root.
What does that give you?

Cheerio,

Thomas
                Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org