Re: quota problem not mounting volumes as version 2 quota's.

>On one of my servers I am having a problem with my quota's.
>When I run quotaon It tries to mount the quota as a version 1 quota.
>
>bash-2.05a# quotaon /tmp
>quotaon: using /tmp/quota.group on /dev/sda7: No such file or directory
>quotaon: using /tmp/quota.user on /dev/sda7: No such file or directory

see below....

>I cannot find any documentation on enabling quota to mount a quota as a
>version 2 quota.
>
>It already has the version 2 quota file on the system:
>
>bash-2.05a# ls -l /tmp/aquota*
>-rw-------    1 root     root        12288 Feb 25 15:17 /tmp/aquota.group
>-rw-------    1 root     root       107520 Feb 25 15:17 /tmp/aquota.user

Do you think maybe the problem might be in filenames? Above you spec'ed
/tmp/quota.group(user) and here you spec /tmp/aquota.group(user).
     |--- these are the puppies --------------|

BTW, /tmp/ is generally not the filesystem used for $USERSPACE as on many
systems it is world accessable and gets cleaned out regularily.