Removal of print file identifiers on RH 7.3

I am printing from Redhat Linux 7.3 to printers i have setup on a Cisco 2511 router using lpd and i get an error relating to the print job identifier not being recognised by the 2511.
I have tried with little success to remove the print job identifier by setting 'use_identifier' in the /etc/printcap and the /etc/lpd.conf files, does anybody know of another way to get round this?
The errors that are shown from the debug report are unrecognized "A(job number), aborted
I have an Axis print server running with LPD from the same server with no problems.
Any help with this would be most appreciated

Regards

Stephen Gordon