-----Original Message-----
From: valhalla-list-admin redhat com
[mailto:valhalla-list-admin redhat com]On Behalf Of Burak Sahin
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 8:34 AM
To: valhalla-list redhat com
Subject: Ramdisk with scsi disk

Hi,
I have a new PC. Before, I was using standard home PC. and in that system I
was running ramdisk with no errors. To make ramdisk available, I make,
            cd /usr/src/linux-2.4

            make mrproper

            make menuconfig (I enable ramdisk module property)

            make dep

            make clean

            make bzImage

            make modules

            make modules_install

            make install

Then I make lilo.conf file. And I run lilo -r /.

I was opening my system booting with linux-up. And it was working perfectly.
I did everything I did before but when I try to boot, I get this error

"cannot open root device 802" kmod "failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s
-kblock-major-8" "errno=2"

The only difference between two systems, is I am using scsi disk this time.

Does anybody know, whether I have to make any change in make menuconfig
screen for scsi disk, or not?

I could not determine my problem. Can anybody help me?

Thanks