RE: XP and Linux

You might consider VMWare.  Performance takes a kick because resources are
split between the OS's, but she could tinker with Linux UNDER XP.

-----Original Message-----
From: valhalla-list-admin redhat com [mailto:valhalla-list-admin redhat com]
On Behalf Of John P. Conlon
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 7:37 PM
To: valhalla-list redhat com
Subject: Re: XP and Linux

We're dealing with a Compaq laptop that has a 20 Gig hard drive and no drive
bay for a second hard drive.  Then there also the proprietary problems with
using a Compaq.  Spending money is not an option my sister is a school
teacher in one of the poorest districts in East Texas.  That is why I need
to be able to pass on to her an extremely simple step by step instruction
set for Fdisk or Disk Druid.  There is no easy out option in this case.  She
wants to use about 8 Gig of the hard drive so that she has enough space to
learn Linux in but still be able to do her school things as needed. Bye Pat