Re: printing issue: margins shift to top and left

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 12:27 am, valhalla-list-request redhat com
wrote:
> Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 16:02:57 -0800
> From: SMichelle <parallax pacbell net>
> Subject: printing issue: margins shift to top and left
> To: "RH7.3" <valhalla-list redhat com>
>
> Hello:
>
> When I print an OpenOffice document the printed margins are shifted to
> the top and to the left appx. 1/2 inch. The page preview and layout both
> seem fine, just the printed output is shifted. I think this might be lpr
> related as I've also printed from an OpenOffice document to a pdf file
> ... and again, the margins on the screen display for the pdf seems fine,
> but a printed version has the same shifted margins.
>
> I selected the ljet3 driver for my Cannon LBP 430 when setting up the
> printer.
>
> How do I "unshift" the margins?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> /SMichelle

Your right, it's probably unlikely you'll find an answer on this list..

but there's much info available on printing problems at linuxprinting.org.
Another good place to find a fix is the vendor's web site, where you can
search for a linux driver.  The drivers included with linux may not work
as well as those from the vendor.