Re: Sendmail for dial-up use

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 20:42:17 +0200
slymer slymer org wrote:

> I was wondering if the default setup of sendmail would be ok
> for use over a dial-up connection. By default I mean the setup
> sendmail has after it has been installed by anaconda.

Gosh, never mind, I did some testing...

But would it be ok for me to shutdown sendmail and run it
whenver I am online with "sendmail -q" ? Fetchmail also seems to
use sendmail, if I shut it down will fetchmail still be able to
grab e-mail ?

--
People tend to make rules for others and exceptions for
themselves.