Re: xinetd: strange or normal???

On 10-Jan-2003 Mike Burger wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Marco Calistri wrote:
>

>> On 10-Jan-2003 Mike Burger wrote:
>> > xinetd starts its processes when a connection is requested.  If you want
>> > proftpd to run as a daemon, you need to run it from the init scripts.

>> > --
>> > Mike Burger
>> > http://www.bubbanfriends.org
>>
>> Hi Mike,as I wrote for Mikkel,I'm still unable to start proftpd by xinetd.
>
> Have you asked the proftpd folks if their daemon will even run via
> inetd/xinetd?
>
> --
> Mike Burger
> http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Hi Mike I'm using the new freshrpm package:
$rpm -qi proftpd

Name        : proftpd                      Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 1.2.7                             Vendor: Freshrpms.net
Release     : fr0.rh73.2                    Build Date: gio 02 gen 2003
13:37:25 CET
Install date: gio 09 gen 2003 20:37:08 CET      Build Host: us.freshrpms.net
Group       : System Environment/Daemons    Source RPM:
proftpd-1.2.7-fr0.rh73.2.src.rpm
Size        : 1941219                          License: GPL
Packager    : Matthias Saou <matthias saou est une marmotte net>
URL         : http://www.proftpd.org/
Summary     : A flexible, stable and highly-configurable FTP Server.
Description :
ProFTPD is an enhanced FTP server with a focus toward simplicity, security,
and ease of configuration. It features a very Apache-like configuration
syntax, and a highly customizable server infrastructure, including support for
multiple 'virtual' FTP servers, anonymous FTP, and permission-based directory
visibility.

This package defaults to the standalone behaviour of ProFTPD, but all the
needed scripts to have it run by xinetd instead are included.

---
Marco