Re: LVM not started by boot time scripts

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Tom Georgoulias wrote:

> My questions:
>
> 1. Should I just add a line to /etc/modules.conf to load lvm-mod and not
> expect Red Hat to have everything needed to get LVM going from a simple
> "rpm -i lvm"?

I would do this on my own system.

> 2. Or did I just do something stupid (or neglect to do something) and
> that's why I'm in this situation?

I've been going thru the LVM process on a test box recently.   I do
remember the LVM howto talking about using lvcreate_initrd as a tool to
incorporate into the boot process.  Though when I try it, it complains
about the ramdisk not being large enough.