Re: ssh hangs for a long time

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Keith Mastin wrote:

=>>Keith Mastin <kmastin beechtree ca> writes:
=>>
=>>> check your dns settings. your in.address-arpa table may not be
=>>> accurate.
=>>
=>>What exactly do you mean? I don't run a name server myself. I had
=>>checked /etc/host.conf (order hosts,bind) and /etc/nsswitch.conf
=>>(hosts: files nisplus dns) - they seem right to me...
=>>
=>sorry. I was going on the logic that small networks should have at lest a
=>caching nameserver to aid in lookups.
=>
=>I assusme your /etc/hosts files on all machines are in order?
One thing that will slow you down is if you're not running identd.

service identd start

--
-Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
-happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ