Re: scsi reset

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Rodney D. Myers wrote:

> Short of a full reset, is there any way to reset a SCSI bus(s)?
>
> Sometimes, my ide, cd-writer starts giving errors, and the only way
> I've found to reset the drive, is to reboot, which is heck on
> uptime. Are there any other options?
>
> Thanks

You don't need to reset the SCSI bus.  You need to reset the cd-writer
or the IDE bus.  You may be able to use hdparm to reset the drive.
(Check the -w option, and the warnings...)

Mikkel

This email is brought to you by mailtag.com!
Home of free email, and inexpensive internet!
http://www.mailtag.com