Re: changing desktop

On 21 Jan 2003, Roger Schmeits wrote:

> What file do I alter to set which gui manager I want to use? By mistake
> I pick TWM. have been digging around in /etc/X11/XF86Config with no
> luck.
>
> Thanks

Run switchdesk.  Or switchdesk-gnome for gnome, switchdesk-kde for kde.
What desktop you use is selectable for each user.

Now, if you want to change the GUI used for logging in when using GUI
login, that is set in /etc/sysconfig/desktop.  You can set it to GNOME,
KDE, or AnotherLevel.  If I remember right, a blank entry defaults to
xdm for the display manager.  (There is a tool for changing this, but I
don't remember what it is off hand...)

Mikkel

This email is brought to you by mailtag.com!
Home of free email, and inexpensive internet!
http://www.mailtag.com