RE: Problem with Quota

Read the man pages for the commands you are using.

quotaon applies to mount points not users.
quotacheck applies to mount points not users.

Quota applies to a user.

It took me a little while to understand what each command did.
I just read the man pages for each command and then read the man pages for
each command referred to at the bottom of each man page.