(no subject)

Hi
Can you please advise the best way to get over a problem I have,
I am running Redhat 7.3 on a PC 233 mmx platform when the system boots up it fail at fsck /var error returned is as follows
/var PASS ID Reconciling is locale .db (inode# 30131, has 1833 duplicate block shares with file mode sat Jan 18 02:0322 2003
UNEXPECTED ? inconsistency Run fsck manual without ?a or ?p option
The other problem at this point is I am unable to enter the maintenance password
Also the only option is to use control D normal boot mode

I not very knowledgeable about Linux when these situations happen give me a SUN system then I can have a good go at getting out of difficulty.

Paul Fisher