Re[2]: Help for *major* kernel upgrade

Zdenek,

Your reply has (as ususal) generated more questions on my part.  I
have seen HowTos on making a kernel from source but not an RPM.  Where
do I get 'rawhide/kernel-2.4.20-2.27.i686.rpm'.

I understand the install (not update) and the changelog, however, how
do insure the features (firewire, in this case) are not backported
into 2.4.18-19.7.x?

Thanks,
Otto
---